I haven’t been able to regularly write about the dishes I cooked at home in 2010. I did take a lot of pictures as you can see in some of my posts here. 🙂 I won’t say that I specialize in a particular cuisine because I am sooo not an expert yet. Cooking is a hobby and I like doing it for family and friends. The better cook is my sister Aine, because she knows Italian stuff and even cooks with wine.
I saw this recipe at the grocery store and decided to give it a try. I love cooking recipes from Yummy Magazine and creating my own as I go on learning. So today, it’s Indian Butter Chicken (Makhani).
Makhani is a Hindustani word which means “with butter”. For the figure-conscious, I recommend that you try this on days when you are allowed to cheat. Here are the ingredients:
- 1 packet Indian Chicken Spice Paste
- 450g deboned roast, tandoori or fresh chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 110 ml tomato puree or chopped tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 110 ml water
- 110 ml double cream or yoghurt
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Heat butter in a saucepan on medium heat; add onions and stir fry for 3 minutes.